Shoreline Master Program
The Town recently completed a comprehensive update of our La Conner Shoreline Master Program (SMP). To download the chapters and appendices please use the following links:
- Chapter 1 - Introduction to the SMP (PDF)
- Chapter 2 - Shoreline Inventory and Characterication (PDF)
- Chapter 3 - Shoreline Visions, Goals and Policies (PDF)
- Chapter 4 - Restoration Planning and Opportunities (PDF)
- Chapter 5 - Shoreline Environmental Designations (PDF)
- Chapter 6 - Shoreline Development, Use Standards and Use Regulations (PDF)
- Chapter 7 - Administrative Procedures (PDF)
- Chapter 8 - Definitions (PDF)
- Appendix A - Harbor and Shoreline Designation and Topographical Map (PDF)
- Appendix B - Shoreline Inventory and Characterization Report (PDF)
- Appendix C - Restoration Plan (PDF)
The Year of the Bird
The 2018 Birding Festival was a big success in La Conner! The Town Council has approved Resolution 545 to Celebrate the Year of the Bird. Please click here to view Resolution 545.
The Town Council encourages residents and property owners, when making choices of landscaping plantings, to install plants that birds recognize as habitat or food sources. A list of these plants can be found here.
Parks & Recreation Plan
In 2006, the Town adopted the Parks and Recreation Plan as an element of grant funding requests to the Interagency Committee on Outdoor Recreation (IAC). The Town will continue to update and improve the plan for waterfront and recreational development.